W03 Second DATE workshop on Autonomous Systems Design (ASD 2020)
ASD 2020 is the 2nd international workshop on Autonomous Systems Design. It is part of a two-day special initiative at DATE on Autonomous Systems Design. The goal of the workshop is to explore recent industrial and academic methods and methodologies in autonomous systems design.
The ASD 2020 workshop has an open call for papers and we invite interested contributors to submit papers to the workshop related, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Design for autonomous systems including processes, modeling, optimization, verification, validation, and test.
- Embedded and cyber-physical systems platforms that implement and execute the autonomous system functions including their architectures, hardware, software, and communication.
- Dependable systems design for autonomous systems including, but not limited to, functional safety concepts, fail-operational systems design, functional safety for applications with machine learning, safe and secure changes and updates, autonomous systems security.
- Techniques based on AI and robotics for autonomy.
To emphasize the workshop character, position papers and problem statements elaborating challenges in the design practices are also welcome. We want to specifically introduce an ”Industrial Challenges” session and also ask for problem demos from industry to be presented in ASD.
”Demo Papers” as well as ”Industrial Practice Papers” of 2-4 pages are hence welcome.
Accepted papers will be published in collaboration with Dagstuhl’s OpenAccess Series in Informatics (OASIcs), free and open access online proceedings. The papers will be referenced in major databases such as DBLP.
Submission Instructions: http://asd.userweb.mwn.de/workshop.html
• Rolf Ernst, Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany
• Selma Saidi, Hamburg University of Technology, Germany
• Dirk Ziegenbein, Robert Bosch GmbH, Germany
ASD 2020 Workshop Program
Friday, 13th of March 2020, Alpexpo Grenoble
ASD-01 Opening Remarks
ASD-02 Keynote: "Autonomy: one step beyond on commercial aviation"
ASD-03 Introduction to Demos
- UNICARagil project: Armin Mokhtarian (RWTH Aachen)
- Alexandre Donzé (Decyphir): Breach
- Philipp Weiß (Technical University of Munich): Fail-operational Automotive Software
- Christian Laugier (INRIA Grenoble): Autonomous Driving Demonstration: Focus on the Embedded Bayesian Perception component
- Andy Pimentel (University of Amsterdam), Martina Maggio (Lund University), Juan Valverde (United Technology Research Center): Autonomous Adaption and Morphing of Embedded Systems
ASD-04 Coffee Break
ASD-05 Autonomy in Automotive
ASD-05.1 Fusion: A Safe and Secure Software Platform for Autonomous Driving
Speaker/Authors: Philipp Mundhenk (1), Enrique Parodi (1), Roland Schabenberger (1)
Affiliation: (1) Autonomous Intelligent Driving GmbH, Germany
ASD-05.2 Towards a Reliable and Context-Based System Architecture for Autonomous Vehicles
Speaker/Authors: Tobias Kain (1), Julian-Steffen Müller (1), Philipp Mundhenk (2), Hans Tompits (3), Maximilian Wesche (1) and Hendrik Decke (1)
Affiliations: (1) Volkswagen AG, Germany; (2) Autonomous Intelligent Driving GmbH, Germany; (3) Technische Universität Wien, Austria
ASD-05.3 Embedded Bayesian Perception and Decision-making system for Autonomous Vehicles
Speaker: Christian Laugier (1)
Affiliation: (1) INRIA Grenoble, France
ASD-06 Lunch Break
ASD-07 Keynote “VoloCity: Considerations for a Safe Transitions from Manned to Unmanned”
ASD-08 Safety-Critical Heterogeneous Computing for Aerospace
Speaker: Phil Harris (1)
Affiliation: (1) United Technologies Research Centre Ireland (UTRC)
ASD-09 Coffee Break
ASD-10 Engineering of Autonomous Systems
ASD-10.1 BreachFlows: Systematic Simulation-Based Testing with Formal Requirements For CPS
Speaker: Alexandre Donze (1)
Affiliation: (1) Decyphir, USA
ASD-10.2 Agile Requirement Engineering for a Cloud System for Automated and Networked Vehicles
Speaker/Authors: Armin Mokhtarian (1), Alexandru Kampmann (1), Bassam Alrifaee (1), Bastian Lampe (1), Lutz Eckstein (1) and Stefan Kowalewski (1)
Affiliation: (1) RWTH Aachen University, Germany
ASD-10.3 Systematic Physical-World Testing of Autonomous Driving Systems
Speaker: Cong Liu (1)
Affiliation: (1) University of Texas at Dallas, USA